The X-PRO range is BC Battery's professional battery charger series that combines our best 11-cycle automatic charging technology with a series of additional functions, such as power supply / voltage stabilizer for the software update of the control units of all cars, automatic maintenance for perfect maintenance of each type of battery, showroom mode for use in car dealerships; all features meticulously studied to make the daily use experience comfortable and efficient for the professional.
XPRO is built according to rigorous safety standards,
- such as protections from:
- polarity reversal
- short circuit
- for recharging lithium batteries, the maximum charge level can be set at 25%, 50% (as required by European legislation on battery storage) Other selectable levels: 75%, 100%.
- overheating of the battery charger (automatic limitation of the output current of the battery charger in case of overheating. The LCD display will show the internal temperature of the battery charger, the new current value supplied by the machine)
- no spark (protection of control units)
- sudden breakdown of the internal cells of the battery (batt-check function, which can be set by the user),
- possibility of setting a manual charge end (with relative interruption of the delivered current) which otherwise would automatically switch to deliver a slight current during maintenance
- possibility to set the maximum amount of energy to be inserted into the battery (AH = ampere hour)
- possibility to set the maximum duration of the charging cycle (hours and minutes).
These performances are required by car manufacturers (such as Audi, Mercedes and BMW) who require total safety performance to update the software of electronic control units or to simply use the product as a charge maintainer in showrooms. In this way, any risk to the vehicle or the structure in which it is positioned can be prevented.
The German automakers themselves require two basic features for software updates:
- extremely fast reaction times by the voltage stabilizer in the presence of new loads to avoid interrupting the software update
- for some car models, maximum currents up to 110-120 Ampère are required at a stabilized voltage
The whole BC X-PRO range has these characteristics and, unlike the competition, (which limits the output current after a few minutes) is able to guarantee the indefinite maintenance of the maximum current at an extremely stable voltage.
The XPRO range has a world passport. The extended range of the input voltage is from 100 to 240V. This feature makes it usable without any problem anywhere in the world, while its compact size and the absence of a battery inside allow for easy transport and shipping even by air (in full compliance with IATA regulations on air transport).
X-PRO 60 has a maximum current of 60 Ampère, and combines performance of absolute excellence in terms of efficiency and safety with an ultra-compact, light and thin design: at only 10 cm in height and 3.5 kg in weight, this The product is really practical for use in the workshop or in the showroom, where it can be placed under the vehicle to keep it always loaded, easily transported thanks to the ergonomic handle or hung on a lift or any wall in the workshop thanks to the support bracket integrated wall.
On the high contrast LCD display it is possible to read all the main parameters (mode of use, selected battery type, maximum charge current, real-time values on the state of charge, voltage, energy entered into the battery (Ah) and usage time) and information on the selected mode (battery charger, stabilizer or showroom), while using the 3 buttons it is possible to select the different programs and set all the parameters.
Dinse-type connectors, typically used for professional bodywork equipment, ensure a safe and stable connection, avoiding voltage drops and ensuring maximum accuracy of the voltage set during the program tion.
X-PRO 60 is an extremely versatile product, perfect for those looking for a high-tech product capable of solving any problem concerning the battery: it is in fact capable of recovering deeply discharged batteries, equalizing or initializing new batteries, desulfating used batteries.
- The products of the X-PRO range are able to recover batteries starting from 1.25V (the lowest level on the market), charging them and keeping them perfectly charged in a completely automatic way.
- Equalize or Initialize new batteries
- Desulfate used batteries
X-PRO 60 is fully configurable by the user using the buttons on the side of the display, from which you can select:
- the maximum charge current from 1 Amp to 60 Amp,
- the type of battery to be recharged (Traditional, AGM, Start & stop, Calcium / Calcium, Lithium) for both starting and traction
- in the charging mode for lithium batteries, depending on whether it is to be installed on the vehicle or stored in the warehouse, you can select the maximum recharge percentage (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%)
- the maximum charging time
Once all the parameters have been set, the charging algorithm autonomously performs the 11 phases of the charging cycle (10 in the case of lithium batteries, since they do not require desulfation):
Initial battery check: verifies that the battery is in an optimal condition to be recharged / recovered by making sure that there are no short circuits between one or more battery cells.
Recovery (from 1.25V) if the battery is in an extreme discharge condition (starting from 1.25V), the device tries to perform a recovery in order to bring it to higher voltages, compatible with the next phase.
Light charge: if the battery is very discharged, the device supplies a light pulsed current, to allow the battery to pass the critical phase.
Bulk charge: during this phase the battery can recover up to 85-90% of its capacity, thanks to the ability of the charger to deliver full current.
Desulfation: in this phase, in order to restore the remaining 10-15% of the battery capacity, the device provides a "controlled overcharge" through the desulfation / recovery of the lead-acid cells (for mild or medium sulfation levels). It is also possible to carry out in-depth high-performance desulfation on worn batteries (function that can be disabled by the user)
Battery check: at the end of the charge cycle, the device interrupts the supply of current for a few tens of minutes and checks that the battery is able to keep the charge received during the previous cycles. This phase is repeated periodically at regular intervals.
Maintenance: thanks to a specially designed electronic circuit, the device maintains the battery charge during periods of inactivity, without overheating, overcharging and water / electrolyte loss.
Monthly equalization: this phase is performed every 30 days in order to rebalance the battery cells, thus avoiding electrolyte stratification phenomena.
POWER SUPPLY / VOLTAGE STABILIZER MODE:
BC X-PRO 60 can also be used as a power supply or voltage stabilizer, a fundamental function in the vehicle updating, reprogramming, diagnosis or maintenance phases (including battery replacement).
The power supply voltage can be selected between 12.8V and 14.8V; maximum safety is guaranteed thanks to an automatic disconnection and power supply interruption system in case of sudden battery anomalies (such as shorted cells or open battery).
The maximum current is guaranteed indefinitely: the user can set the maximum current value from the menu, and this is then maintained automatically.
The X-PRO series devices have been designed strictly following the requirements of OEM manufacturers such as Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Mercedes: it is possible to connect the clamps directly from the hood of these cars, without needing to reach the battery, greatly facilitating its use.
This mode has been specially developed to allow the device to be used in showrooms: when connected to the vehicle, BC X-PRO 60 switches off automatically when the mains power is removed (going to stand-by), and then reactivates itself when restored of the current: all the parameters in memory will be automatically restored.
This system greatly facilitates the user's work, who will no longer have to worry about connecting and disconnecting the device every day.
Thanks to its compact and ultra-flat design, BC X-PRO 60 can be easily placed under any type of vehicle.
SUPPLIED WITH BC X-PRO 60
- Professional cables for connection to the battery resistant to high temperatures, oils and greases, with a section of 16 mm2 and a length of 3 m
- Insulated brass pliers for intensive and professional use
An aspect of fundamental importance for BC Battery is that of safety: also in this the range of X PRO products proves to be excellent:
- no interference with vehicle electronics and compliance with European standards (60335-1, 60335-2-29, 55014-1, 55014-2, 61000-3-2, 61000-3-3, 62233, 50581)
-Protection from inversion of poles, short circuit, overcharging, overheating
- Battery check function: it is able to detect any short circuits in the battery cells during charging and at the end of the cycle
- Ah check function: it is possible to set the maximum Ah to be loaded
-T-check function: you can set the maximum charging time
-thanks to its spark-proof system (anti-spark) and its protections against overloads, polarity inversions and short circuits BC X-PRO 36 ensures a high level of protection and guarantees absolute compatibility with the electronic system of each car .
Input voltage: 100 ÷ 240V ac, 50-60Hz
Charging voltage: 13.8V / 14.7V - nom. 12V
Selectable charging current: min 1A - max 60A
Battery capacity: 1.2-600 Ah
Selectable power supply voltage: min 12.8V - max 14.8V
Cable section: 16 mm2
Cable length: 3 mt
Dimensions (with handle): 29 x 22 x 10 cm (29x29x10 cm)
Weight: 3.8 Kg
Protections and Safety: short circuit, reverse polarity, overcharging, overheating
Batt-Check function: detects shorted cells / battery while charging
Ah-Check function: selection of Ah max to be charged (1-999 Ah)
T-Check function: max charging time selection (1-999 hours)